View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 06:20 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunday !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejr
Ken,

Do you typically put your rub on over night when you do your brisket and butts? I usually let my ribs sit over night with the rub on.

I just rub it and put it on. Some people do it your way, others don't. Some use ballpark mustard to hold the rub on, others don't. Over time butts are very forgiving. Briskets can be a PITA.

The only thing I wish was different with the Bradley is the way the racks are. Its a six rack so depending on what you are smoking, its going to drip on the item below. I guess what I am thinking is if I am going to fire the beast up, might as well smoke a bunch of stuff and then vac pack it and freeze it. But you dont want your beef or pork dripping on your fish etc....butt then again...it might be good!

Yeah, you have to be carefull with that. Ribs dripping on butt or brisket is ok, but the other stuff could be dangerous. Got to love the Food Saver.

If the weather is good Saturday, I might do up a few briskets and vac pac and freeze them. I got some "mountain man bourbon rub" from cabela's and used it on steaks last night it was really good.

You said you didnt like chicken, have you ever tried smoking chicken wings? I've got some great tequilla lime rub from cabelas and I was thinking of smoking some wings to see how they turn out.

I did a whole "Roadside Chicken" tonight on the gasser with the roti and it rocked out! The wife said it was the best chicken she'd ever tasted. Heck, even I liked it.

And to clarify the chicken thing, I'm not a fan of whole chicken. I love wings and thighs. And KFC...

We both love stuffed jalepenos.....might have to give that ABT a whirl. Are you using pork bacon or turkey?

Pork bacon. That's the real deal, Holyfield. Just wrap it tight.

Have you every smoked up a turkey? I've read that some people brine them and some dont.

Haven't done a turkey. Wife won't let me. She loves the smell in the house. If I did, I'd brine it using the 1:1:1 method. 1 cup salt, one cup sugar, one gallon of water.

So many things to smoke and not enough weekends to smoke!!

That sounds like a chant from the '70's.

LETS GO PENS!!!

I think they're suckin' it right now, but I'm pulling for them.
Hope it helps and I'll pop you a PM.