View Single Post
Old 02-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Hummer Professional

Hunner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: computer reprogramming ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik H3
Anyone who installs an aftermarket tune should know that when you take your car in for serivce, GM will flash the computer back to stock.

When you get the vehicle home you will probably have to reinstall the tune, but it is worth it.

If you put an exhaust and intake on the H3, you will see better HP/ Torque increases after the tune. With better enigne efficiency you can run more Spark advance, and a mixure more rich than stock. All the items listed in this will give you better economy than the 07 I5, and more power.

And if anyone has any doubt, I will have the above on my H3 in the next month... bring your stock 07 H3, and a friend in another car... I will race you for pinks and leave you standing at the track... your buddy will be there for your ride home.

I was concerned this would or could happen. Im not sure what they would say if you just told them that you have done that. Warranty? But, My dealer even said they offered a pcm reprogram. I bought mine from Alvin at PCM for less outright and kept my stock one. Now I don't have that problem and it has improved performance of the installed mods I have already done.
Traded 06 I-5 for 08H3 ALPHA/Adv,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn 9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner rear/shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola rack,2GoLights,Hunner steering gear mount,Purple Cranium diff guard,BulletProof tie rods,ARBsnorkle, SyKlone prefilter,Hunner intake pipe.