View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road
Default New sub-forum suggestion

I sent this to Jason (Admin) a month or so ago, but he doesn't seem to pop on here much anymore, so I thought I run the idea down to the fellow members and see what everyone thinks....perhaps if the general consensus is that this is a 'good idea' we can get Jason (or another Admin) to help us move on this.

"Jason:

A thread posted by one of our new members gave me the idea that new 'owners' may find it useful to have a concise sub-forum where common problems/quirks, their solutions/remedies, and the associated costs can be posted as stickies. Newbies would be able to quickly determine things they should be on the lookout for and/or find solutions to problems they are facing without doing repeated searches while trying to guess the appropriate keywords.

I could search through our forum to start identifying topics and write-up summaries for each, but I appear to lack the ability to create new sub-forums. So, I'd need you to set them up...one under each section.

Thoughts? Maybe call it "Common Issues" or something equally creative...lol. I'm thinking that it should be a little more controlled then the other forums. We should have a sticky about how to format a post; what information should be included, how to describe the topic, the possible solutions, links to resources, etc. Then new submissions should require a moderator's approval before being published...this will help keep the forum concise and informative.

Okay...that's my schpeal...let me know what you think."

Further more, we could include common 'questions' too...like the ever-popular "What's the biggest tire I can put on a stock truck?". Hellz posted a very good summary to one of our newbs that gave a quick concise picture of what their options were.

I think we'd benefit from having a "Common Issues and Questions" (or the like) sub-forum under each section (H1, H2, and H3). Thoughts? I'll post a sample thread after this one to give you a better idea of what I'm thinking.

Later.

Last edited by guruerror : 03-20-2012 at 02:34 PM.