View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 03:48 PM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: So dissapointed- Headders/ Borla exhaust

Personally (and no offense intended to anyone),
Mufflers are a joke.
People spending all kinds of money for sound and bling.
It is funny to listen how people spend gobs of money for mufflers.
I read it every day in the forums regarding to my M3 and my Vette, how they spend 1200 dollars for a "exhaust system".

The purpose for a muffler is to muffle the sound. Thats it.
If you want an aggressive sound and performance, then open up that exhaust.

Its amazing how many open up there exhaust and are suddenly in love with their machines sound.
You want performance.... put in a set of long tube headers and a H or X pipe

In my humble opinion (though I havent tried it yet), I think that our rigs would sound awesome with just a set of long glass packs. $120 dollars worth of sound dampening and I am sure it will provide a great sound.... plus you get to get countless 100s of dollars in your bank account for the next mod.

Anyways, thats my two cents.

In regards to this post, I am sorry that the Borlas werent what you expected. Hopefully you will be able to get your situation fixed
Please remember that unless you hear it live, you cant expect similar results.
Everyone in the M3 forum is buzzed about a guy who made his own headers and exhaust, and no one can duplicate the sound. Well thats probably because 1) the sound is recorded through a device that kinda changed it frequencies, and 2) then it was played on a device that has certain speakers setup (I mean come on, I play anything through the subwoofer/speaker setup I have and it would sound great, and I am sure others are in the same boat)