View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 12:53 PM

Hummer-man is off the scale

Following the recent replacement of my starter motor on a Hummer H1 1993 I cannot turn the engine off except by removing the wire to the soloniod that sits above the fuel injector.

The ignition key acts as a switch to this lead ie it turns the voltage on and off and the relay will open and shut. However when I start the engine the engine will not withc off. By pulling this wire out the engine starved of fuel cuts out and yet no voltage appeares on the cable.

Its as if it is getting a separate feed from the alternator which is by passing the ignition switch. I can remove every relay and fuse in site but yet the engine will not turn off until I remove the offending wire.

I have tried removing the cold start solonoid leads in case these were leaking across but this does not work either . I can only think that a relay comes into play after I switch to run which holds this voltage across this soloniod. But again I reiterate I can remove every soloniod in site and the engine will still including the fuel pump fuse. ( then it labours and gets very smokey) .

any help would be appreciated

www.hummer-man.com