View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Predator Motorsports Stage 4 Engine Upgrade

I'm having a bit of a hard time following which lift you have? I think the Stage IV comes with a body lift to accommodate the intercooler? If so Predator should know full fuking well that wiring harness are going to be lengthened or re-located. Not doing so is just sloppiness on their part. On the other hand you had a ripped half shaft boot, do you have a suspension lift too?

A lifted suspension could accelerate the wear on your CV boots because of the race cage on the outer side coming in contact with the boot lining. As much as that sucks it does kind of come with the territory of having a suspension lift. 600.00 to fix a half shaft is expensive, new (rebuilt) shaft can be had for under 250.00 from www.southernaxle.com. If all they did was replace the boot, then 600.00 is just criminal. I had the dealer fix one once and it was 300.00, still a little rich for my blood.

FWIW. Lifts, wheels, and tires, are all hard on half shafts. If they continue to break I would recommend that you get the 12K half shafts. Rubber duck sells that. If you do go that route make sure to add the diff centering kit, that way you only need one spare shaft for the trails, as opposed to the three that you currently need to carry.

How did you trace the tranny failure to larger tires and wheels? Like I have stated previously I think the HP claims from Predator are generous, however it could make enough power to toast your tranny. Do you have a tranny temp gauge, and were you keeping an eye on it?

I assume you have the mechanical waste-gate installed, your spring is probably out of adjustment and that is what is causing it to sputter. Assuming you have a boost gauge measure your output and make sure its not too high (ASAP), the last thing you want to do is have more problems then you already have had. Keep in mind the springs on the waste-gate do wear out over time, depending on how long you have had it, it may need to be replaced. As much as I hate to tell you this a shotty PCM can also cause boost problems.

Did predator cut a larger hole for your steering shaft? To install a body lift you need to enlarge the hole for the steering shaft. If they did not do this your steering shaft could be rubbing on the boot and tearing it. If they did cut a larger hole but did not clean up the edges of the cut maybe that is tearing up boots? Sorry to hear of all your troubles, hopefully others will read this and stay away from Predator in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002H1
I am still having problems with my stage 4 kit. I had one of the best mechanics examine my problems. He stated the lift kit was installed improperly and is ripping my steering shaft boot and my ABS harness was placed in a dangerous place and needs to be moved. Also, the rims, tires and lift kit caused my tranny to blow out at 38,000 miles and break a half shaft. Predator also told me I could offroad my truck with the rims and tires I got. EVERYONE else says no! Im taking the truck back to Predator to take that crap off! Also, my turbo is having a problem with the waste gate control causing my truck to sputter. Thank God I found an honest mechanic....

-007=