Thread: While Away
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Blondie is off the scale
Default Re: While Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsspratlin
Since I have left, not only the trip of a lifetime, but, I have come to realize that it seems that through a person'e voice, you can tell when it is not quite as exciting for the other person to talk to you. I have been away going on 2 weeks and this is now the norm. Even in the remote times I have the opportunity to call, the line is either busy (around 10 or 11PM in the states) or no answer. Also, just in the last few, I have scanned the site, only to find out through here about a bear. You'd think that this would make for atleast a mention during conversation, rather than the fact that "I visited my grandparents church today". Although it is said that the other one misses the other, I am now finding that maybe I am wrong for even trying so hard to even contact home (i.e. waiting hours to make a 10-15 phone call) I guess it is def true....absence makes the heart grow fonder for some, while out of site out of mind for the most. I guess I need to adopt the latter of the 2. Being that she does seem to check this site more than her email, I hope she reads this and realizes that I am about through going that extra step just to contact her. At this point contacting other family members is more important. I will def make some changes in my family, once I return home.
Jamie, talk like this is not going to help your situation one bit! If anything, she will grow to resent you for these jealous feelings you put into public posts. I'm not saying that she's living like an angel while you're away because I don't know either one of you, but for you to make implications otherwise without first-hand knowledge is only going to make things worse. Give her the benefit of the doubt; if you can't trust her, you shouldn't have married her in the first place!

Money may not buy happiness, but it makes a nice down payment!