View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 03:01 AM
Hummer Veteran

MrIgor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: electrical problem transmission flaring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbihn
Ok, not sure why you are checking the ALT in regards to your transmission issue.... but then again who would think that a MAF would cause issues either....

With that said, if you unplug the MAF the ECU will get signals from temps, rpm, barometric pressure, and tps sensor readings to make a calculation of what amount of fuel should be injected. As long as the engine isnt all out modified and running iwith a new program, it shoud actually run pretty well without the MAF. Of course, if weather conditions, pressure, elevation, etc. change, the MAF will make the ECU adjust alot better then trying to caluclate which will make the engine run better.

Given, I am wondering if you drive the vehicle with the MAF unplugged do you still get the in between shift surges? I would think that if you didnt, it would be definitely the MAF and though it is cleaned could be signs it is bad.

if i unplug maf, i dont get any check engine light or error codes (i scanned the truck)

If I start truck and disconnect positive or ground from the battery in about 30 seconds my speedometer and stereo start turning off and on... but wont die.

Last edited by MrIgor : 09-02-2013 at 03:27 AM.