View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Hummer Expert

HumminNBoatin' is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nitto tires rubbing on stock H2?

Slow down there turbo! lol

Its normal for tires to rub on the sway bars on the H2. Don't worry I till not harm the tire or the sway bar. Unless you like to drive all the way to work every day with the steering wheel at full lock and somehow you make it there doing donuts! lol.

I think that any H2 running 20" wheels with only 35"'s on it looks kinda goofy regardless if its lifted or not. If you really want a porportionate look go with a torsion bar lift and 37's.

If you go wider than 12.5 on a 37" tire you will need to do the Torsion lift or you are going to have rubing problems.

I would recommend the the chevy green keys (These are just Torsion Keys from a 1500 chevy truck ) And get the RANCHO RS5000 shocks. They are $45/ea. from Summit. The site on Summit will say "Backorder-expected ship date of (Two weeks from whatever the day is) " However this is not the case. When you place your order Summit just has Rancho drop ship them directly to you.

Do NOT use the factory shocks with the T-bar lift it will ride terrible and will quickly destroy your factory shocks as they are the first limiting factor on the H2 front suspension.