View Single Post
Old 09-22-2004, 05:09 PM
Hummer Expert

Beastmaster is off the scale

The major issue at hand is the version of mirrors on certain model year trucks.

On my specific truck (97.5, which is a truck sold in 97 with the 1998 model year equipment), my truck (with mirrors extended) has a width of 101.5 inches. In 2000, the mirrors got changed to a wider one, taking up more space. If you got a pre-2000 truck, you should fit with 107" width.

As for height, my truck (running tires that are 1.5" larger than stock) is 77" high with a Thule roof rack. A low profile rack (with nothing in it) should give you clearance in your personal garage, and should clear in UG parking. I know that mine does.

Be warned - Some garage door openers are angled wierd. Make sure that the bottom of the garage door opener gives the same clearance as your door. In my case, one of my garage bays has the opener 1/2 lower than the opening of the garage itself. No biggie, since it houses my wife's sedan.

As for the wife - there are many female owners and drivers of H1's. In the Arizona club, we have 4 women drivers, some of which have been trail leads or tailgunners as well in events....one of the drivers is my wife. She may actually get to enjoy driving it as well.

Hope this helps!
Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DiscoDuck:
I measured my garage at home and the opening is 6' 10" (height) x 8' 11" (width).

At work, the underground parking is 6'6" (height).

According to the hummer site I should be able to fit in both garages (for height) but the width is iffy. Would anyone here be able to measure theirs from outside of mirror to outside of mirror to get an exact (total) width? I am hoping I won't need to keep folding and unfolding the mirrors (if possible).

Also, does anyone know the total height of a non-lifted H1 with a roof rack? (the one I have seen most often is the low profile one)

Thanks for the help
Shawn <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>