View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Hummer Novice

SportCoupe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WTT: Supercharged '04 Pontiac GTO (575 HP), for Hummer H2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss
The dealership i bought my H2 from also carries pontiac and the gm(which is a buddy of mine) told me they couldnt give one away. Unfortunately limited demand of new GTO's would surely give you an idea of the demand for a used GTO. That being said, your car will take a particular individual but for that individual your car is his/her dream car. Good luck!

LOL! They couldn't give them away? That's so funny. I know because dealers across the country tried a dealer markup above MSRP when the first ones came out. No one bought into their scam and the cars sat there unsold. Shortly after that the newer '05's came out and everyone wanted them due to the changes (bigger engine, etc....). Now the '04's were clearanced out to make room for the '05's. Sales were slow on both years even still because dealers weren't budging from MSRP and if they did it was only a small amount.

Sales were never expected to be high. It was also known to be a 3 year production run even before the first ones hit the shores here. GM contracted Holden for the three year run with limited production numbers. That means if everyone wanted one they couln't because only "x" amount were to ever be produced.

That being said to back up the bad publicity behind teh GTO I thank you for taking the time and reading my post.