View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

VegasGuy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Future of Hummer value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by father_of_4
12k miles? Hope it's early for that. Started to hear it after first tire rotation...
Tire shops are notorious for over-torquing lug nuts. Maybe they tweaked something.

Back to the topic at hand: My father bought my first car for me when I turned 17 so I could drive myself and my younger sister to school. He bought a '57 Chevy Belair 4-door post 283 automatic for $150 in 1969. It was more of a family sedan that my father knew I could not turn into a street rod. The paint was rough but other than that it was in great shape with normal mileage. I drove it for two years and sold it for $100. I would love to still own that car today and I know it would be worth a lot more than $150.

My point is Hummers will continue to decline in value to a point. Like the unique looking '57 Chevy, there is nothing that quite compares to a H2. Given time they will increase in value and become very collectible, IMO.