View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdingah
Tim,

The mirror glass pops out just like on the old-style mirrors but they are a pain in the ass...I did the inserts on my '06+ mirrors with rubberized plastic (can't remember the brand now but several people have used it on their mirror inserts here if you search) and they came out fine. Scuffed with 400 grit, used an etching primer as the inserts are chromed plastic, amazingly enough, and then three coats of the 'paint'. It's held up fine now for two years (just about the time I got your LE brushguard)...

I also bought new emblems and had them painted at the same time I had a quarter resprayed when someone keyed it. They're just the 'standard' H2 emblems (again chromed plastic) and were like $15 each.

Who do you plan on using in town for the powdercoat work? I've used Blast-Tech for stripping and prepping and they send their stuff to Taint Paint in CO Springs...the stuff I had done by them (hood handles, SMA vents and hood latches) has taken on a funky blue tint in direct sunlight, so I'm having everything done by Foothills Powdercoating now. I'd like to know if you know of someone else that does good work and what they charge.

Dan

Hey Dan, hope all is well. I have used CW since I moved out here. i have also tried Denver Bumper, but are higher priced and customer service sucks over there IMO. CW takes a little longer, but do the best work. i know a couple comapnies that use them for all of their PC'ing. For Brish guards and bumper ask them to undercoat before PC'ing. ...same thing GOBI does on their racks.

I'm going to wait until it warms up a bit or I can leave the truck parked inside until it's at leat 60 in there...than pop the glass off...or maybe I'll order spares first.
C W Elaborations

2430 W 62nd Ct
Denver, CO 80221
303-292-5590