View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

DuckTruck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2 Inch Lift on H2.

Tom.....my point exactly. i am glad to see someone understands my "obvious" theory.

also, many other specific vehicle factors come into play when examining what will work or will not: wheel width, offset, tire width, tire height, knuckle lift vs. full diff. drop, and track width.

thus, that is why i dont think Tim's argument is conclusive (no offense to him....Lord knows i respect his knowledge and definately don't want for this thread or any others "to go there"), but i do feel he is comparing two different lift strategies based upon his experience with only one.

i have owned many lifted vehicles. with that said, my 2 door tahoe (college rig) for instance had a 6" rough country and 35"s on 15x10 wheels. that was all that lift could clear and still function off road. it looked great, but when compared to a later 2 door tahoe i owned (law school) which only had a 3" body lift, cranked t-bars, and add-a-leafs in the rear, i netted a smaller amount of lift, but ran bigger tires (36" TSL's and later 37" Boggers), had more ground clearance (due to nothing being dropped in the front suspension--as tom mentioned), and was more capable off road because of all these factors.

therefore, if running a bigger tire, having more ground clearance, perfecting the stock suspension setup via quality pieces, and becoming more capable off-road is "lame" and/or "worthless"....well then sign me and my truck up!

DUCK
2003 H2, Lux & Adv Packages, Cognito 3" front suspension lift, Gobi Stealth Rack w/ Ladder, Navigation, twin Optima battery setup, AirRaid Intake, Granatelli Mass Air Flow Sensor, Flowmaster Big Block II Exhaust, Diablosport Predator Programmer,Cognito Pitman/Idler Arm Kit, Fabtech Tie Rods, Rancho RS 9000 shocks, Warn bumper and 9.5x winch, Warn light bar, PIAA's everywhere (14), everything blacked out, and rollin' on 39.5" Super Swamper IROKs on black powdercoated stock wheels.

Last edited by DuckTruck : 01-24-2009 at 09:33 PM.