View Single Post
Old 06-05-2003, 11:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

PewterPower is off the scale

Last Friday I installed 4 MBQuart speakers, a Xtant 5Ch amp, and a 10" Orion sub in a ported box. I left the factory head unit until I can get more definitive answers reading this forum on how to move forward with a replacement. At any rate, all of the connections were made at the factory amp. The only issue that my installer had was the signal for the sub. Although there was both a positive and a negative lead, it seemed as only one was producing a usable signal. The Xtant amp that I have can be adjusted to receive the high output signal and now I'm VERY happy with the improvement in audio in my H2.

I'm ready for Video....but not sure what I want to do yet. I don't like the flip up screens in the dash because they will cover the vents and also I'm concerned that the single DIN install will not look clean. I would like to install a monitor in the factory head unit's place....a cd/mp3 player where the Onstar is located (which means Onstar needs to be relocated?????), and headrest monitors with a PS2/DVD player. I would like to add a TV monitor to the system as well. I received a response from PhilD about a Necvox system but I am unable to find any info about this nor have I found anyone who has heard of that brand.....

Anybody have any suggestions ?????