View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 07:00 AM
Hummer Expert

LoJac963 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Slotted roters - what kind to get

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbihn
Ok, here is the issue I think is coming through
What is being talked about is the rotors on performance cars being heated up and cracking....
Well think about how hard a performance car putting the brakes on... sure lots of heat build up really fast. And yu usually only buy performance brakes to do "performance braking". Of course now everyone feels that the performance stuff is better so let me put it on my daily driver...... they dont usually have too many issues.

As LJ did say, the drilled are fine as long as they give them that radius chamfer, slotted do grab alot more and depending on the braking and the pads, could click (as he stated)

Given I have never heard of the ebay setup you bought, I just recommended the ones I have heard of because they are a big talk on the Corvette board (and damn if they dont try to put the best on their cars no matter what...)

Hope this helps.
Let us know how it all pans out

Great points, the vette guys love trying out cheaper, more cost effective aftermarket upgrades. They were the guys who really hit OBX headers hard and loved the hell out of them. Even for as cheap as the headers are if they'll perform for the vette crowd then they will definitely suffice for my H2 when I make that move.

PDX, what brand did you end up going with? Any link?