View Single Post
Old 12-25-2006, 05:35 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "TQ" Considering the Viper 791VX Alarm.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin8703
i have the viper 5900 sst installed in mine. they are basically the same as the 791 except for the range. the install is not plug and play, you gota do some work. I had mine installed profesionally but am now regreting it. The installer did a half a$$ jod. had to go back take it out and rewire the whole thing again. got most of the features working except for one thing.

I would suggest you have it proffesionally installed if you have never installed one before, but for the sake of your sanity and money find an installer who has installed that systrem before and has a good reputation, and is not colorblind! (it looks like mine was). otherwise if you cant find one and dont wana do it youself, see if you can go through the dealer or something so that they wont blame warranty electrical stuff on your aftermarket alarm every time you go in.

good luck!

I agree, I have the 791, and it is not a plug and play, especially if you get the remote start.
If you are good with auto circuits, and know what you can plug into and what you can't plug into without harming the vehicle, and not getting the remote start, go for it.