View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How many miles per tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSUT
Then tell "someone" to multiply MPG by 32 gallons, because the question is as dumb as "Hey, how much does it cost you to fill that thing up?".

So, I guess you haven't taken the following into consideration such as:

Tires size, acc's, altitude, driving styles all impact what the manfact's post.

It's really not a dumb questions at all.

Again I'm not after mpg! I'm after mile per tank.

You may have mountain drving part as your commute and really suck gas down, but once you're out of altitude or have city driving or even hwy driving for 100 miles or so. You could get 200 miles to a tank if you're doing nothing but mountain drives. you could get $380 if you're doing all hwy driving below 60mph.

What if you did like you said: take your mpg by 32 gallons based off of what the manufact posts on the window sticker. now go take your truck into tha back country or desert or BFE with your window sticker mpg. You may not have enough fuel to make your next fuel drop or fill station.

Go run Baja or way the hell up in Alaska without enough fuel and see what happens. "But I took 32 gallons X mpg." you can only carry so much extra fuel with you.

That's as much information as I can share at this point. I'm under contract and cannot share any more information.

If you wish to add to this thread, great, if not, thanks anyhow.