View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 03:02 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My annual trek to Moab

Health issues have kept me slightly sidelined from making the long drive out to Moab from Key Largo the last two years, but I just returned and it is as beautiful and as scary as ever. I always stop at Telluride on my way out to visit my son and his family. My 2005 H3 that my son acquired has finally given up the ghost after 232,000 miles of faithful service and some duct tape and wire, he traded it for a Jeep Wrangler. Living in the mountains of Colorado, salt takes its toll on 4X4s. He was looking for a low mileage Alpha and couldn't find one he liked but he has always wanted a Jeep Wrangler and bought a new Bubicon. I'm seriously thinking of getting away from the daily bumper to bumper traffic in the Keys and considering Telluride. Housing prices are similar and there's never a traffic issue - yeh, I know it's colder, but I was born in Alaska. One thing I noticed at Moab this year besides for being the oldest fart there, was that I was the only H2 to be seen - not like the good ole days.