View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 06:06 AM
Hummer Veteran

Drew Slothower is off the scale
Default Here we go -- Head Replacement in progress.

Looking through the forum, I see some of the horror stories with the H3 head's being replaced. I hope I'm not in for a long repair process...

I was driving into work, and getting on the PA turnpike on ramp, my H3 simply shut off. I had three error codes appear -- Reduced Power, Traction Control Failed, and Stability System Error. I pulled off to the side of the road, turned off the truck, and tried to turn it back on. Then the gauges read, no fuel and the check engine light was on! I turned off the H3 one last time, and then waited for a tow.

This was last Thursday, before the three day weekend. Once I got to the dealer, they said that it may take some time to get to me, so they gave me a rental..

The dealer looked at it on Friday, and I got the call. "Your head needs to be replaced." Also, the fuel issue was caused by a faulty fuel sender device (I don't remember the exact part). Because of the holiday, they will be able to start working on it Tuesday, into Wednesday. Hopefully I'll have the H3 back on Thursday.

I started a case file with Hummer customer relations, and I am awaiting a call back sometime next week.

I bought a new car, hoping for a reliable vehicle driving around my new family (son is on the way!).. but now I'm second guessing my decision.

How many of you have had this service, and have either had follow on problems (rough idle, lower gas mileage, etc.) or who have had no problems since this fix? My truck was delivered to me Jan 28 2006.