View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Hummer Expert

brad_p is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Feds Probe Yamaha Rhino Deaths

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgco
I'm sure they'll find a way. Top speed of 5mph.

It's too bad people are getting hurt/ killed in these, but gawd damn, they nee to get clue and be a little more mature/smarter about driving these things.

I flipped mine on it's side. I was messing around though.

...but modify it, widen the stance, put a cage on with 5 point harness with doors, waaaaaayyyyy safer and more capable.

I would take a UTV over any quad out there today. Safety (as mine was set up) over a quad that can flip over on you or throw you off!!!!!

You can get hurt/ killed in anything. but buy the proper gear, helmet, classes/ training when people/esp. kids start out is key to safety. People are more pat to put the blam on Yamaha for this one.

I agree a rhino can be safe if you are wearing your seat belt and have the side doors, but i think overall a quad is safer simply because if it goes to flip or roll you can usually hop off of it, not so much with a rhino. Also if a quad lands on you they are usually light and wont do much damage but with the rhino its like a small car rolling over on you.
[---\-|-----[ -OIIIIIIIO-]
"(O) ) ---- (O) )/"H2"\) )