View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Hummer Veteran

deathshead67 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Hummer H2 2003 Black Out

Remove the chrome caps off of the mirror. There are clips and double sided tape that held the mirrors on, just pry them off gently. When you apply the 3m vinyl use a blow dryer or heat gun. The first one I let the gun get to close to the tape and I poked a hole in the tape and had to start over with a new piece. I only bought a $20.00 piece and it covered both mirrors, the door handles and the back chrome over the liecnse plate. You have to keep working the 3M with the gun, folding it over the corners first, If you get a wrinkle just pull the tape up and apply some heat and then lay it back down on the mirror. I didnt remove the door handles, I just laided a piece on it and put the seam in the back of the handle so you cant see it. There are some bumps when you grab the handle in the back only because I rushed it and ran out of the tape. I'm going to do the steering wheel with the carbon fiber 3M. I did a test run wuth the flat black tape and it came out good also. I;m only doing it because for some unknown reason , parts of the steering wheel are GOLD???