View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Elcova Rookie

2003yellowh2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rear of H2 down (sometimes)

Hey Ed-I can now be added to the list of happy coil conversions.
It went really well, it took about 6 hours though!

It turns out that the only leak I had was the fitting on the passenger side bag-it had a very minor leak allowing air between the rubber and the fitting itself. I almost considered just replacing the one bag(they were only done about 2 years ago and still looked to be in really nice shape) but I quickly gave my head a shake and we began tearing it all apart.

We definitely took our time and were pretty thorough.To simplify things we took out the rear shrounds to create some room.Cleaned up a bunch of rust underneath as well. After getting everything back together we tried duck trucks idea of just connecting one line to both air bag outlets on the compressor, but (as I kind of figured) the compressor came on as soon as I put it in reverse and moved it. I pulled it back in and unplugged the relay. Disconnectod the battery for awhile- then reconnected and turned it to run then the service suspension warning lit up . Sat and thought for awhile and then tried removing the connector from the module. That was pretty tough, so out came the compressor and all the rear connectors were taped up and zip tied. This did shut the warning off Got really brave at this point and plugged the Relay back in. Still no warnings and I have a functional truck with coils and no service suspension warning

Thanks again for your help Ed You are an awesome guy to be so helpful on short notice when I needed a hand- I would have never in a million years figured out up/down and left/right without those photos of yours. Truly-I can't thank you enough!

Scott