View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 04:12 AM
Hummer Authority

Bimmer9938 is on a distinguished road
Default The Official "Elcova" H2 Body Lift thread (for those who say it can't be done).

After doing tons of research I have found several body lifted H2's on the web, some are easier to spot then others...

This is a 1" body lift. The owner claims he made the lift pucks himself. I wouldn't recommend making them yourself or using hockey pucks for that matter since there was no R&D or testing to ensure they are safe. You can purchase the 1", 2" or 3" lift blocks on www.performanceaccesories.com
, he built custom bumpers so it's hard to detect the BL.

This is a clean looking 2" body lift, I'm assuming this used to have 44 or 46" tires at one time since these 40's are swimming under it. Other than the gap guards it's hard to detect the BL since he had his bumpers extended. Look at how tall the front bumper is and how much the rear drops down from the end caps. A clean install, just a lil much on top of a huge FTS lift.

Here is a 3" BL that used the lift blocks to raise the front bumper, kinda looks like a crack head's smile though, especially using the slimmer style "small block" vs. the "big block" aka 3"diameter (not height).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBiyB70hMuk

I'm assuming he raised the rear bumper by raising the rear clip with 3" square tube stock, and bolting it between the clip/hitch and frame.

Here is an example of a 3" BL with the front bumper and fascia with a filler but no rear bumper raised... looks like poop (raise the bumper). Keep in mind your rock rails and tube steps are mounted to the frame, and will look retarded with a body lift cause they will be hanging way down.

Last edited by Bimmer9938 : 06-14-2011 at 03:24 PM.