View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Hummer Guru

BlueTJCO has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Re: What do you guys think of this tire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
Good Info, Moonie. Actually, I could care less about the mud performance of any tire. I have always hated, and will continue to hate, mud wheeling. I care about rocks and colorado type trails.

I'm still trying to figure out if the SSR TSL is really a good wheeling tire or not.

http://www.coloradok5.com/ssr.shtml

We ran Pritchett Canyon, a 4 rated trail with our new SSR's and really liked the off-road performance although they did not flex as much as we had hoped only aired down to 15 PSI, with 10 ply side walls we would have to air down a bit more for the extreme stuff. The following day we ran Lower Helldorado an even more extreme trail, to make matters more interesting it had snowed the day before leaving the trail covered with mud and slippery wet rocks, large ones. This time we aired down to 8 PSI and the SSR's really flexed well and conformed to the shape of the rocks like a glove. A few times our Blazer was perched a top a large rounded muddy rock in prime position to slide off but we never seemed to loose our grip. At the end of the trail there was a steep hill that had been covered with mud, mostly from the snow the night before, we got the tires spinning at a good RPM and drove all the way to the top without any problems.