View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Hummer Expert

stagger_lee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are you as unhappy as me?

Spospolita, sounds like you've had some bad luck. I have 98k on my 06 and just had to replace radiator and water pump. I did notice a leaky CV joint when I changed the oil last, so thats coming up soon. Overall I have been very happy with my H3. I feel safe in the car and feel the wife and kids are safe in it. The wife and I have looked at other cars thinking about the trade in but we haven't found anything we would consider. I'm a Toyota guy and I know I cant expect 200k trouble free miles like my 99 4runner, but since we don't have a car payment, we just started putting $250 a month into a savings account just for vehicle maintenance. I love my H3 and don't think I could ever sell it. I am starting to see less and less of them on the road and I kind of like that. I'll rebuild it as many times as it takes. We do off road the crap out it and put it through the tests, so shes definitely not a road queen, but we keep her pretty.

Just recently invested in a scangaugeII to monitor engine temps and other vitals. I have been running Waterwetter by Redline and purchased a tranny cooler to take heat away from radiator and help with efficiency. To be installed in the next couple weeks. Cheers all!

'06 Luxury Adventure
'99 Toyota 4runner 4x4
'71 FJ40