View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: $12000 paint job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamw89_2000
as i own my own bodyshop and have painted for years here in oklahoma, if you think you can charge min of 10k for a color change... you wont have a single car there! no way, people wont pay that here no matter how much time is involved in it. maybe in cali or somewhere like that but here in ok. a complete color change depending on vehicles of course, starts at 4k on average. just because its not 10k does not mean its not being done "right". it means people wont pay that in this part of the country.

You said the key word "in this part of the country". I've been in the bodyshop business just shy of 30 years and in the last 15 years, I have never gotten paid less than 4500 for an all over. (no color change... that's 1000-1500 more)

Doing a color change on an H2 on top of it?? No way I'd touch that for under $10K. Last year I painted 2 H2's, one job was $9500 for an all over and the other was $11K.

No one said that you weren't doing it right for under $10K but if you are, you're either in a economically depressed part of the country or you're not charging enough.

Either way suits me, I'll paint them all day long for $10K.

Mark