Thread: SUT or SUV?
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Elcova Newbie

Yambor44 is on a distinguished road
Question Re: SUT or SUV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG07SUT
Definitely the SUT. I had an 02 Supercrew, and short of the SUT, it was the best truck that I have owned (I have owned Fords, Chevy's and Dodges 1/2 ton through 3/4 tons, standard cabs, extended cabs and crew cabs). The bed on the SUT is smaller than the Screw, but when the mid-gate is dropped, the SUT's bed is larger. Like posted above, if you need the third row seat, the SUV would be better, but seeing that you curretly have the same setup as the SUT, you will probably miss the bed and its capabilities. I removed the swing-arm tire carrier so that I could use the bed with the tailgate droped if necessary.

Best of luck whichever way you go!

Hello all. This is my first post but I have lurked here since purchasing my first H2SUT about 5 months ago. I decided to post here (hope thats okay) as the only draw back I have with the H2 is the spare tire rack. Everytime I want to hook a trailer to it it is a pain. I have the adjustable receiver hitch so that helps, but sometimes when I swing the arm open to hook to the trailer, the jack handle on the trailer gets in the way after hooking up so when I try and shut the arm, it hits the handle on the trailer. So I have to unhook, pull forward, shut the tire arm, drop the ball/receiver hitch to its lowest point, back up just right as to get the trailer tongue between the spare and the ball (which takes about 5 times in and out of the cab), then raise the trailer up as high as I can against the spare, raise the ball up into it, then secure it.
I looked at getting the kit to remove it, but then what do you do with your spare?

Thanks a lot! Thought it would be okay to post this here as this would be a consideration between an SUT and SUV.