Thread: SUT or SUV?
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SUT or SUV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yambor44
Hello all. This is my first post but I have lurked here since purchasing my first H2SUT about 5 months ago. I decided to post here (hope thats okay) as the only draw back I have with the H2 is the spare tire rack. Everytime I want to hook a trailer to it it is a pain. I have the adjustable receiver hitch so that helps, but sometimes when I swing the arm open to hook to the trailer, the jack handle on the trailer gets in the way after hooking up so when I try and shut the arm, it hits the handle on the trailer. So I have to unhook, pull forward, shut the tire arm, drop the ball/receiver hitch to its lowest point, back up just right as to get the trailer tongue between the spare and the ball (which takes about 5 times in and out of the cab), then raise the trailer up as high as I can against the spare, raise the ball up into it, then secure it.
I looked at getting the kit to remove it, but then what do you do with your spare?

Thanks a lot! Thought it would be okay to post this here as this would be a consideration between an SUT and SUV.

i have a 6" drop receiver and a 6" extension and it is perfect for hiooking up the boat and jet ski. dont have to oper the tire at all....