Thread: Warning lights
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 12:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

citiboy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Warning lights

Yes, my cruise control normally works, but i never tried to put it ON when the ABS/TCS light was ON.

Before i erased the code, i checked the ABS/TCS snapshot from the Tech 2 and found that the RR wheel sensor speed is 0km while the 3 sensors at 55km.

I first check the wiring from the RR wheel sensor to the EBCM and found no problem as per GM service manual flowchart.

I just changed the RR wheel sensor, road test with the Tech 2 and all wheel sensors reading are the same.

It's all good for now.

....from Mitchell OnDemand

The following are the main components of the Cruise Control System:
 The accelerator pedal
 The stop lamp switch
 The body control module (BCM)
 The cruise control switches
 The engine control module (ECM)
 The throttle actuator control (TAC) motor
 The vehicle speed sensor (VSS)

Cruise Control Inhibited
The engine control module (ECM) inhibits the cruise control operation when any of the following conditions exist:
 The ECM has not detected a brake pedal activation from the body control module (BCM).
 A Cruise Control System DTC has been set.
 The vehicle speed is less than 40.2 km/h (25 mph).
 The vehicle speed is too high.
 The vehicle is in PARK, REVERSE, NEUTRAL, or 1st gear.
 The engine RPM is too low.
 The engine RPM is too high.
 The system voltage is not between 9-16 volts.
 The Antilock Brake System (ABS)/Traction Control System (TCS) is active for more than 2 seconds.

Toyo MT 38x13.50x18 on Rockstar. Green keys. 2" rear spacers. 1" bodylift. Cognito UCA, steering bracket, front stab links. Bilstein 5100 shocks & steering stab. Moog inner/outer TR, pitman, idler arm & bracket with remote zerk. E&G Classics fender flares. ARP 434-1301 ex. man. stud kit. Airaid perf. air filter. Crown brake lines. Warn PowerPlant HD. Rubberduck UCP. Gobi Ranger roof rack. DDM Tuning 55W HID Hi/Lo headlights. Hella fogs. Evans waterless coolant.

Last edited by citiboy : 08-19-2014 at 01:19 AM.