View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 11:17 PM

shipbldr is off the scale

Folks out there are really that nuts about the trails?

Every once in a while we get a person (or an e-mail from a person) who acts like every tree is sacred... and in the case of some old growth areas.. I can agree with them.

Otherwise, generally the reaction we get here is "Thanks for the jobs."

I always hear stories about tree nuts... spikes and that sort of crap. We generally don't have to deal with that part of things. It's interesting to hear from someone who deals with them on the front lines. Seems thay are pretty extreme.

Sounds like you have a heck of a battle on your hands. I wonder if the tree nuts ever take into account that wheeling helps keep the trails open and passable... which is a big help when the next forest fire rips through and you're a hurry to save the 99.99% of the land that's not on the trail. But I degress.

We generally operate with the attitude that the earth was put here to be used and enjoyed. Yes, we do plant behind... but the small tree "junk wood" carnage is stunning if you've never seen it before. Those twigs get mowed down, not driven around.

I can see you point about the nuts trying to using the trees them "to make hay" about destruction. Oh well, preaching to the choir...

Thanks. It helps me understand a lot better where you're coming from.

2 Pissed off dealer mechanics, Origami frame, Convex UCP, 2 Bent cross members, Dented driveshaft, Broken sway bar mounts, misaligned transmission, exhaust leak, Pl