View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

Devis1957 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need Hummer rep contact for PA area.

Boss Hoss is right, Hummer Customer Care can do nothing and in most cases do not communicate the issue correctly in the claim for it to be processed correctly. Hummer offered me a lifetime warranty for replacement of leaking windshields, when at the end of the day, it was the passenger side roof seam that was leaking. Took the dealer 18 months to resolve and the Hummer rep did nothing, no communication, nothing.

For one thing, the dealer will never buyback your vehicle. The Hummer rep will not offer to buy your vehicle back if it is just the transmission. They do not care how many vehicles you have bought, you're just a repair order number to them. They and the dealer look at this as a vehicle in need of a warranteed repair and will do everything in their power (most cases) to make you feel good about having it repaired instead of replaced.

The only way the Hummer rep (unless he's just a super nice guy that does not like his job) will recommend replacement (buyback) of your vehicle is if it is clearly a safety issue. This particular issue would be very borderline in that respect. You will need legal help to make it happen and probably ought to look at the fine print in your state's vehicle "Lemon Law".

I hope I'm wrong and you have better experience, but I see them stringing you along until they find the problem and fix it. They explained to me that this is what the warranty is for, making repairs.