View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 02:24 AM
Elcova Rookie

xXxICExXx is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Supercharger fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror
I think there's a 'potential' for some minimal fuel savings...but as you increase the performance the 'potential' of gettin' up in the gas also increases. Those two tend to cancel each other out...lol.

6.2 and the 6L80 are definitely a more appropriate combination for a truck this size (IMO) since they didn't wanna give us a Duramax/Allison out the door.

Good luck...

I agree that they should have started the beast with the duramax/allison set up and the option to put into 2wd also would i think made the sales of these machines hand over fist more.. but what do we know? we're just the buyer's with pipe dreams

I was reading up on the range rovers and seems that under the same driving the supercharged set up does better on fuel... of course if you are enjoying that get up and go there won't be much in the way of savings...

but thinking if it can move the beast out of the start on everyday driving and the down the highway easier needing less fuel would be worth it for everyday use. and then when you want to show off the power, hold tight! Also making it worth it lol