Thread: Big Block SUT
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 09:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

Bhplumber is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Big Block SUT

I have been doing a lot of reading on my swap idea. I keep running into everyone saying just build the 6.0 up some and I should be able hit the 500 hp and 475 trq numbers pretty easy. Build the tranny to handle the power as well. I would much rather have a factory truck rather then a conversion any day but can I really get those numbers and still get factory reliability? My truck HAS to reliable.

I would think a 6 speed Allison would help putting the power to ground but a lot of guys are saying it is a huge tranny which I knew it would require a small body lift to fit but they are also saying it has massive rotating weight. The H2 has enough weight as is.

As much as I REALLY want a 496 H2 it looks like the most idealist way to get more power (high torque #s is really what I want)is just rebuilding my existing drivetrain. I'm not looking to build a race car out of this tank but I do pull about 5K pretty regularly and would like to go up hill without hitting 2nd gear and 4500 rpm all the way to the top.

I haven't totally gave up on the idea yet. PLEASE any input would really be appreciated.