View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 07:01 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Brianfriend & Musky,

Okay guys...I think I may owe both of you an apology. The Discoweb boys "pearl-harbored" us and the both of you showed up amoungst the whole mess. I just mmmmmmmight have jumped the gun on figuring your motives were malicious.

Honestly...it didn't help to find my name and profanic references made to me on your discoweb with your names right next to them.

Anyways....you guys do have some great insight and obviously offer a nice perspective on things. It still kinda freaks me out that you were part of a seeming conspiracy to cause problems over here....but, well....that's the way it is I suppose.

I've done some research about the SFA and the H2. It would seem that GM does in fact have some SFA's in their parts-bin afterall...so it was their choice to run IFS, not a default thing. The SFA IS the premiere choice for hardcore offroading and it does offer better articulation....but, it would seem that even with the articulation, the large size and relatively long wheelbase precludes the H2 from ever becoming a serious rockcrawler. At the same time, the SRA (rear axle) precludes it from being a great desert racer as well. The whole thing is a huge compromise to achieve an overall performance. Musky, however, is right...it is a good planform to start from. I'd still argue that it's too large.

Again...sorry for jumping on you guys...you just arrived with some nasty company.

Welcome to the clubhouse....just remember to defend it when the Ford, Dodge, Toyota and Nissan guys show up!