View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 04:22 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SUTLIFF HUMMER HARRISBURG PA

Aubs, frugality has an art to it. Otherwise you'll be perceived as a cheap bugger, a bottom feeder, and just generally unpleasant. A business/dealership that is solid and established will NOT bend over backwards to get your dollar.

Bottom line pricing is never given on the phone in my experience. The "come on down, we can do $1000 less" is NOT bottom line nego -- just a way to get you to stop by, since you're a MUCH better candidate for a customer when you actually bother to drive (the 1 hour or so) down and be there in person.

Service quality is absolutely important. But loaners to me is not. Here in SoCal, I have NEVER received another H2 loaner. Did get a H3 a couple of times, but otherwise, it's whatever best vehicle Enterprise has at the moment, since Enterprise is the loaner subcontractor for my dealer. Get over it, it's just for a few days.

As far as parts prices are concerned, I don't know about on-site prices, but Partsguy on this forum is simply OUTSTANDING. Perhaps you'll be better off pm'ing him seperately for parts you need rather than stopping by the dealership.