View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

TGCOFTN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Real life gas mileage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intercooled
I have never heard of any h2 owner even getting close to these numbers you suggest you are getting. Is your MPG computer reading correctly? The only time someone says we could get over 15 MPG is when they are thrying to sell us something.

This is how I calculate my fuel economy. When I stop at the gas station, I will top my tank ALL THE WAY UP to the neck (to where I can visually see the gas) once the pump prints out my reciept, I will write my mileage down.

I will take off on a long road trip to where its 98% highway driving. When I need gas, I will top it off to the neck again.......write my mileage down on the reciept. Get my ending mileage and subtract it from my starting mileage, and divide it into the gallons I purchased at my second fuel up. And thats when it tells me my MPG.

I dont go by the computer on the dash, I find it NOT right.

Again......for my 2008 H2, its used mainly for over the road trips, NOT stopping and going, in traffic, downtown, traffic, etc. When I go on my road trips they are pretty much 98% highway speeds at 60---64mph at the very maximum speed. The only time the Hummer leaves the highway is for a quick restroom break, to refuel, or to get something to eat.

I know everyday driving, especially if you live in the city.......these numbers are DEF. IMPOSSIBLE. But for my 2008, It may sit in the garage 2 weeks and not get driven, and then in one single day put over 1,000 miles on it (Business trip)