View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 01:09 AM
Hummer Professional

pteam is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hummer Interest rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve - SanJose
The lease payment only covers the depreciation and sales tax for the period of the lease term (3 years is a common lease term). And the come-on leases often have low mileage limits (like 10,000 miles per year). If you exceed that mileage expect to pay 20-25 cents per mile at the end of the lease. Or if you want realistic mileage limits, you can add it to your monthly payment (at the rate of 15-20 cent per mile typically). Lastly lease programs are often heavily subsidized by manafacturer to move vehicles. Just some of the reasons for the lower lease payment (vs. purchase loan payment).

As I see this more and more now, I've bought 5 or 6 hummers in the past, most were cut in half and stretched to limos so ovbiously you can't do a lease there. But I'm gonna get an 08 h2 soon , and I cant find any advantage to buying it over leasing it. Even paying for extra miles at 20 cents per mile its a big advantage over buying and then having to trade it in and get taken to the cleaners by the dealer on trade in. Lease and get a new truck every 3 years. I'm taking all the mods off my 03 h2 and putting them on the 08.
Supercharged Viper 800 HP Special Edition #49 of 50
Porsche Boxster S

My Hummers:
08 H2, 22 in rims, 6 HID lights, 20 in TV with DVD
4 H2 limos 3 have lighted dance floors + ceilings, 1 has Zebra interior 24-26 passengers
H2 Limo 26 pass lighted dance floor (sold)
H2 Limo 24 pass (sold)
03 H2 (sold)
H1 Open top (sold)

FirstClassLimos.net - H2 limos and party buses in OH & PA

my car collection