View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 01:39 AM
Steve - SanJose

Default Re: Hummer Interest rates

Quote:
Originally Posted by pteam
As I see this more and more now, I've bought 5 or 6 hummers in the past, most were cut in half and stretched to limos so ovbiously you can't do a lease there. But I'm gonna get an 08 h2 soon , and I cant find any advantage to buying it over leasing it. Even paying for extra miles at 20 cents per mile its a big advantage over buying and then having to trade it in and get taken to the cleaners by the dealer on trade in. Lease and get a new truck every 3 years. I'm taking all the mods off my 03 h2 and putting them on the 08.

You know a lot of people do that (lease), when they know (and admit) they want a new car every 3 years. So many people talk about keeping a vehicle for 5-10 years but usually end up trading it in 3-4 years anyway.
  • often self-employed (like realtors), making it easier for their tax accountant to calculate/deduct vehicle expense.
  • have predictable annual mileage.
  • take reasonable care of the car, so that when they turn the car in there are no additional charges for damage beyond normal wear and tear.
  • Will not end the lease early, otherwise you will pay through the nose.
Just some thoughts on subject....