View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Hummer Professional

CBR_Raven is off the scale
Default Re: Rockford Fosgate Group Buy

I purchased this system on eBay and after installing it, I noticed that it really wasn't that much better than the stock system. I've always upgraded the sound system in every vehicle that I've owned...So with that being said, I'm not easliy impressed with just a slight upgrade over stock. Honestly, I kind of figured that I wouldn't be satisfied with this system but for the price that I paid ($249), the subwoofer enclosure alone was worth that much. I already had a plan B in place before the install anyway. I'm actually only using the sub enclosure alone...I removed the tiny amp and the Rockford P1 sub from the enclosure...I resealed the enclosure and added a Rockford P3 shollow mount sub temporarily until I get the Alpine shallow mount sub. I'm also using Alpine Type-R speakers in all 4 doors for mids and highs. The amp that I'm using is the new Alpine PDX-5 that runs the whole system...it's a very clean 5 channel amp...75watts RMS to each door speaker and 300watts RMS to the subwoofer. I have to say that I'm really impressed with the way my sound system turned out because the SUT doesn't have much of an option when it comes to adding a decent sounding subwoofer unless you do a complete custom job which will cost a lot of money. Anyway, I would highly recommend my setup to anyone with an H2 SUT.

2018 Polaris GEM e4
2019 Land Rover Range Rover HSE
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Z71 Sport Edition
2022 Can-Am Maverick X3 XRS Turbo RR