Thread: HUMdeVille
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2003, 03:43 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

acesfull, you take yourself too seriously, you assume you are better and more intelligent than the others. What each one of us at that dinner have done and donated to the poor or disadvantaged in one year, regardless of their colors, could well surpass what you ever done in a lifetime. Sufficed to say that you will not change my mind and I'll not change your mind, let's leave it at that.

That reminds me of a conversation 20 years ago in Birmingham Alabama. My ex-wife's current husband was a police Captain in Birmingham, he and I turned out to be good friends and fraternity brothers, he was known to be one of the firsts to promote blacks, helped blacks and risked his life to save blacks, not a popular thing to do in Birmingham decades ago. Yet in private conversation at home, he and his friends told me they'd never socialize with blacks nor have blacks in their homes. I thought about this many times throughout the years; that clearly marked them as racists, yet what he and those few likeminded folks have quietly done far outweighted the contribution, sound and words of most others like you.

Take it easy.