Thread: HUMdeVille
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2003, 05:18 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

acesfull, what you said is one way to look at it, but then again, most of us cannot take the trash or jokes too seriously, we all from time to say crazy stuff among friends, that does not mean we are evil racists, regardless of the color of your skin. We can't really run through life chasing demons, rescue virgins, nor can we constantly look over our shoulders to see if ACLU, NAACP or Jewish league or NOW or whatever other self-appointed institutions maybe watching or suing us. It is really no big deal, take it easy.

Almost every minute of my waking hours I am extremely careful about what I say, and I make a serious effort to be an equal, fair, just and a better man, but I am getting a bit sick and tired of being so careful to the point of being scared or affraid of even talking to close friends. Any good intentioned remark about race or religion could be misinterpreted.

We went to a 5 hours long French dinner at a friend's house tonight, at one point, we started talking/joking about certain race, I think you could hear the men and women laughing from a block away. None of what we said could ever be printed or be known outside that dining room. Honestly that happens among best close friends whatever your race maybe, or which race might be the target for the moment. It was just one of the 100 subjects we talked about tonight. None of us are racists, all of us have employees and friends of all colors.

Take it easy.