Thread: HUMdeVille
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2003, 01:52 PM

aces full is off the scale

Mac, I won't reply further to this issue, but if you think that it's OK to make these kind of comments behind the privacy of closed doors, you're wrong. It's unacceptable to make these kind of comments, so don't tell me to "take it easy." I'm a transplanted Northerner, who wound up living in the South, and I'm exposed to ignorant bigotry every day, and I don't accept it, and I won't. Part time bad behaviour is just as bad as full time bad behaviour.I don't understand the second paragraph of your post, where you say that you're "sick and tired of being so careful to the point of being scared or afraid of even talking to close friends. Any good intentioned remark about race or religion could be misinterpreted." Do you find something good intentioned in a comment like "anyone in their white mind?"
IF you only behave decently when you're, as you say, "looking over our shoulders to see if ACLU, NAACP or Jewish league or NOW or whatever other self-appointed institutions maybe watching", that's not enough!!

As to your French dinner, if you were making comments that couldn't be printed, when you were talking/joking about certain race, I find it amusing that you let yourself off the hook by saying that none of you are racists. Exactly what do you think racists are???....because people who sit around joking about someone's race pretty well qualify as racists to me!!!!!!!

'03 Black H2, fairly dressed up,
'03 Powerstroke Diesel 4x4 Excursion,
'04 Red & Black Mini Cooper (on order),
'02 Black Honda Goldwing[bX

[This message was edited by aces full on 09-28-03 at 09:13 AM.]

[This message was edited by aces full on 09-28-03 at 09:13 AM.]

[This message was edited by aces full on 09-28-03 at 09:14 AM.]
\'02 Black Honda Goldwing