View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 05:50 AM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New tires at 24,000????

RYD, what is the penny test? I don't know what the deal is ... earlier this week I went in for new wipers and an oil change. They did a 21 point test and when I was leaving I was given a sheet of the results. There was a comment by the tech to check the alignment. The Service Writer said alignment is usually done at 30K, so don't worry. As I was driving home I noticed the steering wheel turned slightly to the left instead of straight, on a straight road. I hadn't noticed it earlier. I called the Service Writer back and she said they could check it today, and put the new wipers on (sionce they were out of stock when I was in the other day). The tech checked the alignment and said the fronts had to be aligned and tires rotated/balanced. And, by the way, I did have them rotated at 8K .. and now again at 24K. The tires were never below 35psi .. I have an automatic. I asked the service writer why I'd need new 2 fronts at 24k? She said it's a 4 wheel drive and they wear differently. She said it's not unusual to have them changed at 24k. Of course, I came to the forum and I've learned otherwise. Straight street driving, up and down some hills (roads) .. but no off-roading in this H3. Please let me know about the penny test. It's not a joke, is it?