Thread: H-4 ???
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Hummer Guru

BKLYNH2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H-4 ???

Shouldn't this be in the H4 Section?
It's rather interesting to see who GM picks to develop the look of what will be a very important product for them. It didn't seem like these kids could get their heads around what is great about the Hummer brand and image, and what needs to be carried forward. I hope they took them on a lot of offroad trips. Also I think they need to get the designers out with people who are passionate hummer owners to get an idea what will make a great new hummer. That being said I think the concept drawings are not that bad especially the silver(concept drawing)and red one On the silver I like the indent detail on the door panels as they remind me of an H1. With the overall area of these smaller Hummers being less than the h1 and h2 the details make a big difference in preserving the Hummer look and feel. I think the grill on the red needs to be deeper (taller) with larger main headlights. They could steal some room from the bumper to do it and shove the drls to the side.
Yes Hummer needs to get this project going, but they really need to do better than the H3. I think the wrangler stretch is what is really selling, which means that they really need to improve the H3. I know the 3 is doing fairly well, but it is a real disappointment to anyone that really understands what the Hummer name is about (flame on, but its true) When I first saw the h3t concept I thought they were in the right direction but they blew it in the end. The H3 falls short in maintaining the Hummer image and is certainly not the same class of offroad machine as its predecessors. To compete with the Wrangler extended, they need to upgrade the toughness and maybe come up with a version that can be opened up more like the wrangler.
Hopefully they will get it right again with the H4.