View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 01:11 AM
Hummer Professional

Dave92270 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: tire inflator question

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto
On the beach its regular quick connect(female) like at a shop.
sometimes theres a line for the 2 hoses.

on my h3 the masterflow is under the hood with a quick connect(male fitting behind my sidestep to plug in the hose that has a tight screw type fitting to put on tire valve.

I can use the beach hose for the truck by adding a rubber hose to the 2 male fittings.(if to much presure builds up the hose will pop off because its for a tank regulated system)

A back up if the other one breaks in the middle of nowhere

you have a nice setup in your truck! I'm not so far into installing compressor on board since I'm not sure if I'll keep the truck, want to stay more or less stock (or easily reversible to stock) in case of trading in for newer H3 (or H2).

Since you drive appaerently in sand often, I have a question - I went offroad 2 days ago and ran into unusually deep (for my location) sand in one of the washes; I had 4Hi lock engaged and still was going ahead quite poorly, even steering was problematic every once a while..I remember somewhere that turning traction control off would help? Or am I mistaken? I didn't disangage the TC because I didn't want to take any risk of getting completely stuck in the middle of nowhere, and although my vehicle moved ahead slower then usual it kept going. So TC on or off in deeper sand? Would it help to air-down (I know the answer I think..)?..