View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 04:32 AM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H3 diesel, revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
This is a new subject for this forum....

Yeah, it is. The new 2.9 is exciting and would be a natural fit. Let's face it, to be a player in the industry today, the car makers need to MOVE on things like this, not wait to be clobbered by Toyota and the like. People don't have the attention span that GM seems to require of them by expecting to look at the 2013 models as if they'd give a krap. Watching GM move on their projects is like watching Iraq embrace democracy. It seems to me that GM gives enough to drip feed ya, not enough to excite.

To kick Toyota butt, they've only got to do one thing, make something that people can't stand to live without. Their method right now seems, to me, to put a little out there, stick their finger in the wind, and see if they had a good idea, change it a little (3.7 engine ring a bell?) and respond to that when all it takes is stepping outside of the crystal palace and embracing the projects from the enthusiasts point of view.

The 2.9 diesel in the H3 would be a trump over the other vehicles in it's class. It wouldn't be doggy, it'd get substantially better mileage and it'd be a natural hit off road.

But no, anyone that sticks their head up above the slovenly lemming masses gets pounded back down.

I ain't quittin'. This is a forum. We get to say things like "wouldn't that be great?". If GM had any sack, or brains, they'd take it into consideration. Maybe not run the company like I'd want to but seriously, looking at the current situation of the former big 3, maybe they SHOULD try doing something different!?

I'm dead sick tired of seeing auto shows with concept vehicles, watching skunk works vehicles like a true SS truck, diesel H3s, diesel H2s etc. It's tiresome. I'm getting so that I could care less what they're playing with. It gets old seeing something like the release info on the 2.9 diesel only to have them sit on it for five to ten years if they come out with it at all!

Just like the 5.3 H3 Alpha. It's almost as if they want it to fail as a sales figure. "No, it's only a rumor" then as more trickles out "It's only coming out with this trim package thought up by morons that know less than diddly and completely ignore what's more than evidently the exciting and appeals to our customers, they'll buy what WE think is right as determined by our whackjob study groups"

I'm pretty much just going to quit reading the net and mags and wait until I see it at the stealership on sale after the people like me have let the interest wane in their product until only a great deal like $5k off and 0% financing makes me enthusiastic again. That's one humdinger of a marketing strategy GM. Duhr?