View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 12:01 PM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H3 diesel, revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
"Yeah, it is. The new 2.9 is exciting and would be a natural fit."
This is NOT a new subject for this forum...
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...light=cadillac

In fact, I would bet you have a message in this thread. I didn't check, but if it is a thread that demeans GM or Hummer, you are usually in the thick of the discussion. What I can't understand is why don't you just go purchase a Toyota.

Just because a very small number of Elcova members want a H3 with a diesel, does not mean that it would sell to the General Public. Can't you understand that this forum, as good as it is, is only a VERY SMALL minority of H3 owners?

This is an open forum, and you can say what you want, but before long, people start getting tired of hearing what you have to say about the same damn subject (berating GM), and do what I'm going to do...block you.

C'mon fstop, you're made of stouter stuff than that.

Yeah, you're right, it's not a new topic. I guess if people only discussed a topic once, the forum would have about five threads and that'd be it.

Care to discuss the points I brought up instead of attacking the messenger?

Yeah, I'm picking on the General. It's called constructive criticism. If you work for GM, you're welcome. GM has gotten approximately $200k of my money in the past fifteen years, I'm just a little entitled to this minor transgression. They're my favorite car company. If all people did was to sit around and wait for the eagle to poop what the kids thought up, we'd all be driving four cylinder Aztecs eh? I've said the great things about the H3, you seem to not want to make a big deal about that, or want to block any repeat statements about that.

It doesn't seem like a small number of people to me that want a powerful AND economical engine choice. It seems to me that just because you're not enthusiastic on that line of thought, that you want to shut that discussion down, and even censor it if you could.

All the crazy, yet fun stuff that goes on around here and an occasional discussion (two months ago) about desiring an engine that they could pop in tomorrow is intolerable? Two months ago when that thread was posted might as well be two YEARS to ME. The picture has changed drastically. Regular unleaded is $3.34 a gallon here, diesel is $2.87. That's almost half a buck a gallon, ten dollars a freakin' tank. That and that 2.9 would get better mileage with the proper transmission. Buddy, if that's not worth discussion, I don't know what the hell is!

You're input has been deemed valuable and important by everyone here, including me. Seems like that's a check valve situation.

Last edited by Huck BB62 : 05-18-2007 at 12:04 PM.