View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 06:09 PM
Hummer Guru

The Green Lantern is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wheres the FAQ? Newbie here, looking for info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagger_lee
This is going to be a long entry. So I apologize in advance.

Well I test drove it last nite, I was very pleased. It is an 06 black on black leather, all luxury amenities, except navigation (not worried about it), and has the locking rear diffand a sunroof (woo hoo). Only 8K miles too. It wasn't as gutless as I expected and it drove more like a car than a truck which was also pleasing. I didn't come home with it last night only because I am letting him stew on the price he's going to have to give me and I have some research to do. They were asking $26,500 for it. He only would budge to $25.5K last night.

My lovely salesman tossed up the idea that he was throwing in a Factory 100K mile extended warranty for free worth over $2K. Ok this was my thoughts. When I bought my wife her Audi A4 the guy then said he was going to sell me the 100K warranty for $1500, and it was worth $2200. Well when I talked to AoA, they said Audi of America is giving that warranty and it a dealer can only charge you $600 for that. Needless to say thats what I ended up paying. Does anyone know GMs policy or cost of extended warranties, before I play phone games all day trying to find out? It would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway I told him $24K cash out the door with warranty and Truxx leveling kit installed and walked out so I could research his claims about the warranty before I did anything. I think I have a bit of an upper hand because I am paying cash and not financing anything. Do you guys think that this is a fair deal, my offer? Let me know. I want to join the H3 fam!!

Edit: Get this, he said "but it has 19's on it!" hahaha I told him to take them off and sell it to the next blinged out soccer mom who comes in, because it was getting some black 15" steelies first thing when I drive away. I just hope I can find the combo offset that well clear those brakes. I just had to say it though, you should have seen his face.

Sorry, I not much help but I would recommend you to post this in General Discussion section so others can see it.