View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

cestwick is off the scale
Default Re: Torsion Bar Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdoug
Took the H3 in for alignment. Numbers were way off but had it realigned according the Truxxx specification provided with the kit. Ride feels good but still have some small torsion bar noises inside the new keys. I should have put some lubricant inside the key during installation. I did spray some liquid grease and the noise cut way down. I believe the noise will go away with a few rides.

Now my discovery. When we all made adjustments to the torsion bars, 2, 2 1/2, 3 or more turns, what did we use for alignment specs? Most, like me, will say "the stock alignment specification".

After comparing the "stock" spec to the "Truxxx spec" the numbers are quite different and the Truxxx spec compensated for the additional lift. This would indicate we all have improper alignments with "cranked torsion bars" and stock alignment specs.

Maybe someone within the forum world can give some expert alignment specs/details for anyone with torsion bar adjustments.

What are the "new" specs from Truxxx
'06 H3 Shadow Green, Adventure, 6 disk Monsoon, SMA brush guard w/PIAA lights, Rocky Road extreme rocker protection, roof lights(off road), lower grill lights(off road), Helo Maxx8 Black Wheels, 35" Cooper STT, Garmin I-Que M4 to get home.